Lost In Space

Chapter One

Chapter Two: Late-night snacks

Rose´s Perspective

I close my eyes slightly, just enough for everybody else to think that I am asleep. As long as I am no threat in their eyes they will tolerate me. It is always easier to act stupid when being intelligent than the other way round. The only guy who I think has the slightest idea about me is Wilhelm but he is not able to hurt me physically so I do not really care. Kaya as she proved earlier when she wanet to kill Ghostface because of cat has literally no feeling for human beings and their behaviour but this other dude-Ghostface gives me a headache. The mask he carries 24/7 makes it very difficult to read his mind.

The noise my stomach makes interrupts my thoughts. I need to eat something right now or I will wake up the others. As silently as possible I set myself upright and look around. I have lost every sense of time up here but it is probably two or three in the morning (UK time) and all the other three people but Wilhelm are probably asleep. I can see tears streaming down his cheek in the corner of my eye. I just act as if I would not notice and stand up carefully but not conspicuously. “Where did Kaya put the protein bars?” I ask myself. I leave the room with the sleeping pods and people in it and explore the few place that is left. I wonder how long it will take the others to recognize that we are in a spaceship and that there is almost no chance to survive. I feel the temperature sinking with every hour passing and maybe I surmise that but I think the air becomes thicker, depleted. Suddenly I spot a plastic bag on a high cupboard and my mood lightens.

While I try to find something like a chair which would enable me to reach up I force myself to think about the last thing I remember before I woke up in this little prison. My memoire is my biggest weapon and right now I am defenceless. I spot a stool and get the bag. I am not very pleased with my trove-two and a half protein bars-not the most quality food and incomparable with chocolate but better than being hungry. While chewing on the very rubbery and terrible tasting first bite I made I hear a high and squeaking voice. Quickly I turn around to get my premonition confirmed.

Wilhelm, draped in his white labour coat, which is obviously too big for him, is staring at me in disbelieve and saying: “Are you serious? We are ALL hungry. We have to work together and therefore share the little we have.  I am disgusted by your selfishness.“ Ignoring his (probably rhetorical) question I ask: “Why were you crying. Do not show your feelings, the others will think you are weak and useless.” Wilhelm, slightly embarrassed turns his face away from me. “I do not care what anybody thinks of me! We are trapped in this fudging spaceship. There is no water, no food”-now he is especially glaring at the small crumbs in the corner on my mouth- “, the oxygen is rapidly sinking but out of all we will probably freeze to death before anything else is going to harm us.” I let out a loud sarcastic laugh before I sink my voice again, leaning forward, carefully deciding what to say next. “Is it that bad?” I ask with big eyes and a girlish voice.

One thought on “Lost In Space

1. ianni

First Version:
    Chapter Two: Late-night snacks

Rose´s Perspective

I closed my eyes slightly, just enough for everybody else to think that I am asleep. As long as I am no threat in their eyes they will tolerate me. It is always easier to act stupid when being intelligent than the other way around. The only guy who I think has the slightest idea about me is Wilhelm but he is not able to hurt me physically so I do not really care. Kaya has literally no feeling for human beings and their behaviour but this other dude-Ghostface gives me a headache. The mask he carries 24/7 makes it very difficult to read his mind.

The noise my stomach makes interrupts my thoughts. I need to eat something right now or I will wake up the others. As silent as possible I set myself upright and look around. I have lost every sense of time up here but it is probably two or three in the morning (UK time) and all the other three people but Wilhelm are probably asleep. I can see a tears streaming down his cheek silently in the corner of my eye. I just act as if I would not notice and stand up carefully but not conspicuously. “Where did Kaya put the protein Bars?” I ask myself. I leave the room with the sleeping pots and people and explore the few pace that is left. I wonder how long it will take the others to recognize that we are in a spaceship and that there is almost no chance to survive. I feel the temperature sinking with every hour passing and maybe I surmise that but I think the air becomes thinker, depleted. Suddenly I spot a plastic bag on a high cupboard and my mood lightenes.

While I try to find something like a chair which would enable me to reach up I force myself to think about the last thing I remember before I woke up in this little prison. My memoire is my biggest weapon and right now I am defenceless. I spot a stool and get the bag. I am not very pleased with my trove-two and a half protein Bars-not the most quality food and incomparable with chocolate but better that being hungry. While chewing on the very rubbery and terrible tasting first bite I made I hear a high and squeaking voice. Quickly I turn around to get my premonition confirmed.

Wilhelm, draped in his white labour coat, which is obviously too big for him, is staring at me in disbelieve and saying: “Are you serious? We are ALL hungry. We have to work together and therefore share the little we have. I am disgusted by your selfishness.“ Ignoring his (probably rhetorical) question I ask: “Why were you crying. Do not show your feelings, the others will think you are weak and useless.” Wilhelm, slightly embarrassed turns his face away from me. “I do not care what anybody thinks of me! We are trapped in this fudging spaceship. There is no water, no food”-now he is especially glaring at the small crumbs in the corner on my mouth- “, the oxygen is rapidly sinking but out of all we will probably freeze to death before anything else is going to harm us.” I let out a loud sarcastic laugh before I sink my voice again, leaning forward, carefully deciding what to say next. “Is it that bad?” I ask with big eyes and a girlish voice.