Lost In Space

Chapter Five

Chapter 6

Roses Perspective.

I hear somebody screaming and quickly open my eyes. For a few seconds I do not know where, neither who I am. Those are the most peaceful seconds every day. I am just a little particle in the universe and neither have thoughts nor memories and the best thing of all: no regrets.

Unfortunately, that moment does not last very long and I am back in reality-Well reality is not the proper word to describe our situation. Kaya jumps up and thereby my head is thrown down her lap uncomfortably. I cannot remember when I laid down like this. She seems more open about body contact and I am not pleased about that fact but this is not the right time thinking about KAYAS sexual orientation and unreqited feelings for me.

Two Nazis, in their middle Ghostface, enter through the open door of our little prison. Although we are all exhausted we know what is awaiting us. I jump up- having no clue which weapons they have or what they are capable of doing (yes, very intelligent Rose!)- and hit the guy who is nearest to me between his legs. He gasps and falls forward onto his knees. The guy buries me under him and I can feel the stench of disinfecting lotion and the hated taste of iron spreads in my mouth. Blood. Within a few moments I am able to free myself. “I am going to throw up if my tongue won`t stop bleeding.”, I am thinking to myself. Meanwhile Kaya fights with the other guy, who has a gun until Ghostface helps her and kill both of the men. Now I am just gagging uncontrollably looking down onto my garments where the red fluid and some parts of human tissues-I do not want to know where exactly it came from-is spread out evenly. I try to calm myself down and force the tears back. “Do not panic, Rose”, Kaya whispers, silently that only I am able to hear it. Ghostface leads us out of the room, down a long, with loads of cold-light inspection lamps lightened aisle. I hear fast footsteps behind us and start sprinting down the narrow hall.

Kaya and Ghostface are a few meters in front of Wilhelm and me. We reach, heavily breathing, a crossing where from both sides people with shallow pale faces in pale uniforms with swastikas on it are storming towards us. Kaya shoots at them, the ammunition seems infinite and Ghostface is on her side with a knife. Hectic is rising and I search for a possibility to survive. A door behind me catches my attention, I almost did not see it due to the fact it is white like the wall, floor and ceiling. I open the massive door. “Come here! Quickly!”, I shout at the others. I grasp Wilhelm´s arm, who is standing stiff next to me, the light blue eyes carefully observing the Nazis and push him into the dark room then going inside myself. Outside is Ghostface still fidgeting with his bare fists now, blood is running down his face, trenching the mask with the red fluid. Kaya is holding me back with frightened eyes as I try to run, to help him. I can`t believe what happens in front of my eyes. Ghostface is slowly losing his VORHER strength and then, as the long white arms reach for him, scratching his skin open with their fingernails. Blue eyes, blonde hair. Everywhere. And then he is gone. He simply disappeared in the mass. I let out a jarring cry. Kaya holds me tight to her sweating body, Wilhelm closes and locks the door and then there is only darkness surrounding us.

3 thoughts on “Lost In Space

1. nicicthegreat

You managed to build up a lot of suspense and you wrote in a captivating way impossible for the reader to break free from your story. Unfortunately you are missing an ending although I assume this is ment to be the final chapter. Therefore I wonder if you add a conclusion to your scenario or do you leave it as it is? Cheerio

2. ianni

Thanks for your comment:) No this text is not meant to be the last one, you can find the final chapter on Gerry´s blog if you are interested how our story ended. Have a nice day, Fand

3. ianni

First Version
    Chapter 6

Roses Perspective.

I hear somebody screaming and quickly open my eyes. For a few seconds I do not know where neither who I am. Those are the most peaceful seconds every day. I am just a little particle in the universe and neither have thoughts nor memories and the best thing of all: no regrets.

Unfortunately, that moment does not last very long and I am back in reality-Well reality is not the proper word to describe our situation. Kaya jumps up and thereby my head is thrown down her lap uncomfortably. I cannot remember when I laid down like this. She seems more open about body contact and I am not pleased about that fact but this is not the right time thinking about Kayas sexual orientation and unreqited feelings for me.

Two Nazis, in their middle Ghostface, enter through the opened door of our little prison. Although we are all exhausted we know what is awaiting us. I jump up-neither knowing which weapons they have nor what they are capable of doing (yes, very intelligent Rose!)- and hit the guy who is nearest to me between his legs. He gasps and falls forward onto his knees. I am very The guy buries myself under him and I can feel the stench of disinfecting lotion and the hated taste of iron spreads in my mouth. Blood. Within a few moments I am able to free myself. “I am going to throw up if my tongue won`t stop bleeding.”, I am thinking to myself. Meanwhile Kaya fights with the other guy, who has a gun until Ghostface helps her and kill both of the men. Now I am just gagging uncontrollably looking down onto my garments where the red fluid and some parts of human tissues-I do not want to know where exactly it came from-is spread out evenly. I try to calm myself down and force the tears back. “Do not panic, Rose”, Kaya whispers, silently that only I am able to hear it. Ghostface leads us out of the room, down a long, with loads of cold-light inspection lamps lightened aisle. I hear fast footsteps behind us and start sprinting down the narrow hall.

Kaya and Ghost face are a few meters in front of Wilhelm and me. We reach, heavily breathing, a crossing where from both sides people with shallow pale faces in pale uniforms with swastikas on it are storming towards us. Kaya shoots at everybody, the ammunition seems infinite and Ghostface on her side with a knife. Hectic is raising and I search for a possibility to survive. A door behind me catches my attention,I almost did not see it due to the fact it is white like the wall, floor and ceiling. I open the massive door. “Come here! Quickly!”, I shout at the others. I grasp Wilhelm´s arm, who is standing stiff next to me, the light blue eyes carefully observing the Nazis and push him into the dark room then going inside myself. Outside is Ghostface still fidgeting with his bare fists now, blood is running down his face, trenching the mask with the red fluid. Kaya is holding me back with frightened eyes as I try to run, to help him. I can`t believe what y eyes see. Ghostface is slowly losing his strength and then, as the long white arms reach for him, scratching his skin open with their fingernails, he collapses. Blue eyes, blonde hair. Everywhere and then he is gone. He simply disappeared in the mass. I let out a jarring cry. Kaya holds me tight to her sweating body, Wilhelm closes and locks the door and then there is only darkness surrounding us.